Sunday, July 25, 2010

morro bay

We got back yesterday from a very fun week with Chris's family. I was going to blog last night, but I was pretty pooped from a very LOOOONG day of travel (thanks to traffic on a weekend...ugh). The kids had a great time and it was nice to have a change of scenery, change of weather, change of people (fun to be around his family for an entire week), and a change from our regular daily routines. Here are a few highlights:

*Two years ago, Cam sobbed when we took him to feed the seals (due to their loud noise). This time he was in HEAVEN and kept wanting to go back. It brought Chris and I such joy to see how much he loved them, which was confirmation again of how far he has come.





*Cam had a wonderful time playing with his cousins. We also had a wonderful time seeing him interact and enjoy them so much. He also liked hanging out with his uncle Craig, as seen here when they played Wii together.



*Overall, Cam did great living with so many people for a week. Sometimes he needed a little time away, but we were so proud of him in this area. One thing we weren't so proud of were his wake up times. :) However his 5:30 wake ups proved to be one of my favorite times of each day. I would cozy him up in the stroller and head out for a long walk to the donut store. I LOVED these times. It was so calm and peaceful and it was a neat time just the two of us.


*We ate GREAT and there was never a lack of chocolate around for me to nibble on.

*Both Chris and I felt so supported the entire week. When Cam would get upset because someone else was crying, his Aunt Rebekah or anyone that happened to be near, would scoop him up and take him to another room. This really helped me out and meant a great deal.

*Cam loved taking baths in the "humongous bathtub".


*Kendall did awesome all week. As long as I was out of the house, she was quite the charmer with the family and was a happy camper with anyone that picked her up. Now we just need to work on that when I'm in the room. But I'll take any improvement I can get!


*Kendall also was such a piggy the whole week. I love this shot of her big belly. :)


Now it's back to life...ahhhh...it was fun while it lasted. :)

2 comments:

Donna Stark said...

What a great week it sounds like! I love the seal story. (I was thinking they were out on the beach--but they're in a building, huh?) Great pictures, too! Boy, Kendall looks blond if that's her standing at the bathtub!

susan said...

Oh I'm SOOOO glad that there were lots of happy moments!!! Yeah for a great BIL and SIL who love on your kids and are so helpful! Yeah for great parents-in-law and yummy food!

I love that he loved the seals!!!!! =)

Oh Kendall is looking SO OLD!!