Thursday, December 16, 2010

breadsticks


Chris often jokes that he doesn't know what bread tastes like anymore. This is because I never serve it with meals (except when it IS the meal, like a sandwich). I always tell him that since he wants me to help him eat healthy, I want to give him the most bang for his buck. Bread equals calories but does not fill you up. :) Anyway, he took matters into his own hands yesterday by purchasing Pat & Oscar's breadsticks, which they now stock at Costco. I guess he didn't really take matters into his own hands because I've also been curious if they taste as good as the restaurants'.

The verdict? WONDERFUL! If we gave Pat & Oscar's real ones a 10, these would be a 9 (I think we should haven added a little kosher salt to make them a 10). We were pretty surprised at how similar they were. They are $5.99 a dozen, which is the same price as the restaurant, however these are about twice the size.

So if you need some good bread with your meal, these are a must. They also freeze great.

p.s. Back when we were newly married and money was super tight, we would often go to Pat & Oscar's and get one dozen breadsticks...and that's it. That was our dinner. So if you have never had one, they are THAT GOOD. :)

1 comment:

susan said...

oh I LOVE these breadsticks!!!! (but I still can't believe you made a whole meal out of them!) =)