Sunday, December 12, 2010

sad food news

1. Costco no longer carries Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. We had bought these for a loooong time, so we (mainly me) are very sad that they randomly decided to nix them. :( Yes, I can buy them at the grocery store, but they are more expensive.

2. Last night Chris and I went to Macaroni Grill for dinner. This has been a long standing choice for us because we always leave happy. Not last night. Prices rose, which isn't THAT big of a deal. However combined with smaller portions, this left us realizing that we will probably not go there again. Paying $14 for a plate that was about 1/3 less in quantity than previous was not our idea of a good purchase. So bye, bye Macaroni Grill. We had a good run...



p.s. I hope you sense my slight sarcasm with this blog. Obviously there are far more serious things to worry about in this life. :)

p.p.s. We did end last night on a good note with my yogurt from Frugos. I had a free one (from the stamp card) coming and BOY DID I LOAD UP THAT SUCKER!!!! (coffee yogurt, Butterfinger, oreo, brownie, cheesecake...yep...awesome)

4 comments:

Jannae said...

Kelly-
You have to try a new(er) restaurant called Ramano's. It's off Orange St. in Redlands across from Kinkos/Fedex. The upstairs restaurant is so nice, relaxing, romantic, and the food is AMAZING! You gotta try it:)

Donna Stark said...

Why does Costco mess with our emotions like that--getting us hooked on something only to yank it away?

Kelly said...

Jannae, we LOVE Romano's too! We were craving Macaroni...specifically the bread before the meal. Pathetic how we base our choice on that, huh? :)

Charlee said...

I saw the changes at Romanos and I was not happy either time to find a new pasta stop! and the skinny cows anouncement makes me sad as well.