Sunday, May 8, 2011

birthday

Saturday was my little girl's 2nd birthday. I can honestly say I look forward to each morning I get to go in and wake her up. She is the smiliest, most talkative, squeezable chunk I could ever ask for!

The day started with Cam's T-ball game. Chris's family and my family were in attendance and Cam was soaking up the attention and cheers. Poor guy wasn't feeling good, and still isn't, but played like a champ for his audience.

After the game, we came back for the party. We had rented a bounce house, which was a hit with all the kids. It took Kendall quite a while to venture inside, and was quite content to just bounce on the entrance ramp. :)

We had tacos for lunch and cupcakes/ice cream for dessert. I made Kendall's special cake with pictures of three of her favorite things: strollers, trash trucks, and dogs. It's not the fanciest cake, but it was personal and I think she enjoyed it.



Today we are going to Dana Point with my family for a few days. We did this the last time my sister's family was out and had a really nice time. 3 out of the 5 kids are sick this time, but hopefully they can rally and still squeeze some fun out of it. :) I've mapped out all the parks in the area and the house is literally a stones throw from the ocean, so I think there should be plenty to do. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kendall!

Jessica said...

Happy birthday Kendall!

Hope you have a blast in Dana Point... I love it there :)

Unknown said...

Yes, she is so squeezable and cute...and now a big two-year-old!

Donna Stark said...

Oops--that was me. --Mom