Saturday, May 14, 2011

the past week

So I've been waiting until I got all the pictures from my family from our trip this past week (because I was horrible and didn't take any), but I'll go ahead and blog.

*Monday-Thursday we spent in Dana Point at a beautiful house right on the beach. We enjoyed seeing all the pretty beach houses, some of them SOO unique. It was nice getting to hang out after the kids went down, however I cut that shorter than I would have liked. Our kids were both somewhat sick and slept pretty badly, which made it that much harder for me to even stay up a little later than normal. The weather couldn't have been more perfect, though, and we had a fun few days away from the normal routine. :)



*The morning we were to leave, I had come down with the worst sore throat I have ever had. I thought it was just a regular sickness, however after a trip to Urgent Care on Friday, I was told it was strep throat. Never had it and NEVER want it again. Luckily the meds kicked in very quickly with the sore throat part. I'm still not up to my normal energy, but I can tell it's getting better.

*My brother and sister-in-law sent this pic of Kendall at her party a couple weeks back. My parents gave her this shopping cart and she adores it. She has taken it twice with me to Stater Bros. and looks too cute pushing it all around.



*Cameron appears to be back to his happy-go-lucky self. He was diagnosed with Bronchitis the night before my Urgent Care visit, which accounted for his somewhat "offness" on vacation.

*Rented "The Way Back" last night. We didn't finish it, but so far it is very good. It's about a group of men who escaped a concentration camp and traveled 4000 miles to freedom.

*Cam's IEP was postponed a couple weeks back and is scheduled for Tuesday. Anxious.

*After church today we are headed to my parents for a visit with my mom's brother and his wife. I haven't seen them in several years and Chris has actually never met them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm guilty of hoarding my pictures. I'm very frustrated trying to figure out transferring pics from our new camera to our computer. Grrr...

Too cute of Kendall pushing her stroller! Thanks for the gift suggestion. --Mom