Thursday, May 19, 2011

in the kitchen


When I cook or bake I...

*Never follow the baking instructions, as far as putting in the ingredients in a specific order. I dump everything in at once and mix.

*Add a couple spoonfuls of sugar to my spaghetti sauce. We like a sweeter sauce.

*Never measure baking soda or baking powder. I sprinkle it in to the measurement I think it is.

*Use margarine a lot for baking, rather than butter...mainly because it's cheaper and I don't think you can tell THAT much of a difference in taste. If I want butter on my bread, it needs to be butter.

*Never time my pasta cooking. I just keep checking it to see when it's done.

*Don't dry lettuce when making a salad. After I wash it, I just rip it up into the bowl. Since it's more wet, the dressing goes further and you don't have to use as much.

*Always under bake cookies and brownies.

5 comments:

krista said...

Ditto on all of those things! How funny :)

Unknown said...

You're cuter than your picture. :)

Anonymous said...

Oops, that was me. --Mom

Jessica said...

You know my opinion on under baking desserts :) I like mine crispy :)

I read in a cooking magazine that salad dressing spreads more evenly on dry lettuce. hmmmm.

Funny that you don't measure your baking powder or soda. Things turn out ok? I am precise in my baking measurements but not when I cook.

john stark said...

i can tell the difference