Tuesday, May 31, 2011

weekend with cam and last weekend with the sis

Cameron and I had a really fun time together this past weekend. I enjoyed having it be just the two of us. Saturday the four of us started out at my parents' for a birthday party for my sister's three girls (since they'll be in Germany for them). We had a fun time, especially with the pinata. Our kids had never done one before and loved it.



Chris and Kendall took off from there and Cam and I stayed a while longer before heading home. On Sunday my mom, sister, and I went out to lunch while the kids stayed with my brother-in-law and my dad. After coming home and giving Cam a nap, we played board games, trains, and just had a nice time together. I loved being able to focus just on him and it was very relaxing to just have one kiddo to worry about.



Monday we all went for a hike in Oak Glen, which was beautiful. We came back for a BBQ, then the kids all watched a movie. We later said our goodbyes...for the next 3 years. :( I teared up a little with the thought of how normal it has become for me to see my sister. We email all the time and never feel out of touch with one another's lives...but getting to actually see her over the past several months has been so wonderful. :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I know how you feel. I've teared up too. It began to feel so natural and wonderful having them here.

I agree--this was a great weekend!!

By the way, for their last meal here I made that BBQ chicken/carmelized onion pasta recipe you put on your blog. Oh, my goodness--that is GOOD!

Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm sad too! It was great to be so near you all! What a blessing.

By the way, THANKS for the whoopee cushion. The girls were telling some other travelers in the airport about it. Made us feel like VERY classy Americans - ha! =)