Wednesday, May 4, 2011

*Costco list today:

Wheat Thins
Feta
Frozen Veggies
Meat for tacos (having family over on Saturday for Kendall's birthday)
Cheerios
Bread
Rotissere Chicken (to make chicken salad for our lunch tomorrow...going to Disneyland with my parents and my sister's family!)
Almonds

*Got to go out to dinner last night with our friends from back in OC, Peyt and Liesl. Between free babysitting (thanks, Susan!) and a gift card, it was a free night, except for gas...grrr...

*Yesterday I was able to observe (through a two way mirror) Cam at speech. We had brought his cousin, Savannah, to interact with him and the grad students. It was interesting for me to view him playing from the outside.

*My Tmoms table is planning a wine tasting afternoon. Despite not being a fan of wine, I'll probably go just to hang out with the girls. It got me thinking, though, and I wondered why there is no such thing as "Dessert Tasting"? How amazing would that be to walk around and have a tiny bite of all sorts of desserts??? :)

*Good news: Finally got approved for our health insurance!!! Bad News: GOOD GOSH IS IT EXPENSIVE

*Made these Oreo Truffles for Cam's teachers (it's staff appreciation week). I made them with Mint Oreos, which I'm not a fan of, but most people are. :)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

On my Costco list yesterday.... WAY TOO MUCH stuff.

Sometimes they have sparkling wines you can taste, perhaps you would enjoy those?

I think they do have dessert tastings... they are called buffets, lol.

Yum... those mint oreo truffles are my favorite! That makes me want to make some.

Bonnie said...

I was going to e-mail you and ask for the Oreo truffles recipe because I'm going to make it this weekend. How funny that you just posted it! :)

I have been wishing that we had Wheat Thins.

I prayed that it would be a great day at Disneyland for you all! I hope that the weather is just perfect.

I'm so happy to hear that you have an answer about the health insurance! (sorry that it's so expensive though - that is a bummer)

Charlee said...

I agree with dessert tasting I am not a wine person maybe thats a new trend we could start dessert tasting parties!

Don't you love 2 way mirrors that playtime watching is so cool!