Thursday, April 28, 2011

5 minutes

It is a rarity that I can sit down and relax in the morning, as with all moms. Right now I'm able to because I'm sitting on the floor being Cam's "trouble helper" (meaning I watch and yell if any of his trains are about to collide), and a sick Kendall is upstairs sleeping. She had the worst night of sleep in a looooong time last night. Chris let me sleep in the other room while he was on duty. Poor guy got about 3 hours of sleep.

Anyway, yesterday morning I also got a few minutes to sit and drink my french vanilla stuff due to trains for Cam and standing at the cabinet playing with sippy cups for Kendall. I love when she finds something that, for some reason, really peeks her interest. This occupied her for 20 minutes. Granted, I had to be sitting right beside her so she wouldn't fall down, but it was still a nice little break from being playmate, lunch packer, breakfast preparer, teeth brusher, etc. in the morning. :) And isn't it amazing how even 5 minutes of something enjoyable/relaxing can recharge you for the rest of the morning? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cute! Did she just keep re-arranging the sippy cups in the cabinet?

Why don't you blog the question, "What can occupy your 18-month-old through 2-year-old for a period of time on their own?" Get some fresh ideas for independent activities. You need more than 5-minute stretches to be "free." :)
--Mom