Friday, April 15, 2011

birthdays


Funny how birthdays are MUCH less a big deal as an adult...and even less after kids. I used to ask for things like a giftcard to Express. I might be able to find a shirt or two from there now, but that is NOT my everyday wardrobe anymore (try Target!). I also am asking for things that are more in the "need" category. Here are a few things I told my mom I wanted this year:

*New measuring cups--I have two old sets, each with missing cups, one with a melted handle

*Key chain: one that you can wear around your wrist for times when I just carry my keys (like school pick-ups)

*Two books:
Engaging Autism
and
The Unwritten Rules of Social Relationships

As far as celebrating? When I told Cam that Sunday was my birthday, he got SUPER excited, thinking it meant a big party. I explained that adults don't always have parties like kids do. Chris and I might try to sneak a dinner out in the next few weeks, but most likely it will be a dinner with my family at my parents' house, which is just fine with me. :)

p.s. I also must mention that I'm going to be 32, not 31. Thanks, Jen, for correcting me on my recent blog post. I honestly didn't do it on purpose, just forgot! :)

5 comments:

krista said...

Whatever you do, I hope you feel special and appreciated :) Happy Birthday!!
When Madyson finds out it's someones birthday, no matter what their age, she asks them "What kind of party are you havin'?" Ha...most adults look at her very confused. She thinks everyone should get a theme party!

Teresa DiMillo said...

I know exactly what you mean about no longer getting things that you want and more things that you need. It is really crazy how things change as we get older. I am one of those people who thinks that their birthday should be a national holiday, and usually celebrate with a huge party, but this past year, (30) was was sooo not excited and didn't even want a party. Todd threw me a surprise party and I was happy and mad all at the same time. Hope you have a happy birthday and a wonderfully blessed year!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, my dear sweet daughter!!! You are an amaaaazing blessing in my life and I love you to pieces!!! --Mom

susan said...

SO glad you were born!! I really couldn't be any gladder!

Charlee said...

the only reason I get a birthday deal is because mine is the same week as the kids! But glad to hear you have plans for later on. I have magazines for you I'll drop by this week...... its a big stack this time!