Wednesday, April 13, 2011

*The past few days have been filled with fun cousin things. We met Chris's brother's family for lunch on Sunday. Cameron was so excited to see his cousins and did great at the restaurant. We met at Slater's 50/50, a place we had heard about which specialized in hamburgers made with 50% beef, 50% ground bacon. What could be better than that?? We were actually a little disappointed because we both agreed it was slightly dry and we've had better burgers elsewhere, but it was still fun to try. :)

*Monday we had a fun time at the park with my sister and her kids, then yesterday one of her girls accompanied Cameron to one of his speech sessions. They helped Cam interact/play with her and Cameron was LOVING having his cousin attend with him.

*Last night I babysat for my sister's girls and decided something as I was reading to them. I think Dr. Seuss books are the weirdest books around. Not a big fan of how they really don't make sense at all.

*Costco list today:

English muffins
Shredded cheese
Bread
Women's products (hehe)
Wheat Thins
Batteries (we fly through these now with Cam's trains who, "always need to be fixed"...meaning they need a new battery to go faster)
Paper plates

*Kendall has started a little, "I'm going to be a turd for the first hour of being awake". Luckily it doesn't last all morning and it's hard to be annoyed with her when she starts talking with her cute little words and mini-sentences.

*My sister and I had a debate as to whether Clementines were the same as Tangerines. I said they were. I did some research and, if you are familiar with a phrase she and I used as kids...I need to scratch my dirty neck. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and,by the way, wherever DID you get that "scratch your dirty neck" phrase!? --Mom

Unknown said...

Slaters 50/50 place is near me and Ive always wanted to try it.
As far as the Clementine tangerine debate, arent they almost the same.
Clementines sweeter no seeds
Tangerines a little sour with seeds.
My friend has a tangerine tree, so I looked it up, but I didnt look far.

TessBenson said...

Second time today I accidentally posted on a blog as Nick! Sorry about that!

Teresa DiMillo said...

You think Dr. Seuss is weird, try reading Shel Silverstein books. Todd bought all of his books and they are STRANGE!!! I don't think I will read those to Taelyn anymore.

Bonnie said...

I like your little "this and that" updates. It is so cute that Cam took a cousin with him to his class. :) Have you ever tried using rechargeable batteries? We were spending so much money on AAs for our old camera that we bought a set -- and I really like them! This particular set came with 8 AAs and 4 (I think) AAAs as well as a charger. We keep them in the items that get used the most so that we don't always have to throws batteries away (we still buy the other kind too).