Thursday, April 7, 2011

numbers

2 songs the kids and I played "freeze dance" to today (I just pause it every once and a while so they can freeze) from an old Dixie Chicks album. I love 90's country. :)

0 number of bites Kendall took at dinner. I swear she eats breakfast and that's about it lately. Grr....

30 seconds it takes for Cam and I to drive by our local high school on our way to Pre-K. I can never stop myself from feeling anxious as I stare at the different clicks of kids...feeling nervous for the whole social scene my little guy will have to navigate one day... :(

3 magazines I checked out from the library for tonight since Chris will be occupied with The Masters for the next few days

100 really interesting cooking tips included in my latest Food Network Magazine..."Do not use oil in the water when boiling pasta: It will keep the sauce from sticking to the cooked pasta."

31 years I will turn this month

2 times I drove by a condo complex this week. My best friend and I used to go and lay out there all the time in high school. Oh, the days when our lives were so carefree and finding time to lay out was actually on our agendas

2 times we walked by a dead possum. We like to walk in a ravine at a local park, and both times this week the same dead possom was staring at us. Cam called it the, "strange thing"

1 movie I have Tivo'd for tomorrow. It's supposed to rain and we've already used up Target and mall outings this week. Hopefully "The Incredibles" will hold their attention for a while

1,001 calories which I learned are in IHOP's New York Cheesecake Pancakes

12, the age this toy is geared toward I saw at Target the other day. Really? I want my kid watching Glee? Good gosh am I really going to raise teenagers in this society? (No, I've never actually seen an episode, but I saw a clip which shocked me that this show is actually advertised to kids...of ANY age)

2 comments:

Charlee said...

You think Glee is bad there are twilight toys in burger king kids meals and dolls and my 9yr old neice is a huge twilight fan and even had her birthday party with the theme! Keeping kids young and innocent is so hard these days! Even at 6 I have had to ban a lot of tv and subjects in our own house!

I have magazines for you again I'll try and get them to you soon

Jen said...

Umm...You're going to be 32, Kelly! :) And, I'm really thankful I've known you for way more than half of those!!