Wednesday, April 27, 2011

*I'm preparing for Cam's IEP (meeting with the district to discuss Cam's education for next year) on Friday. While I'm not nervous, it is a rather big deal as to what road we'll start down and what things we want to ask for that will make the road easier for our little guy. My mom, Chris, and I will all attend together, so between the three of us, hopefully we won't leave any stone unturned with our questions. :)

*Cutest moment of the day: When Chris and I hug in the morning (because I'm usually up earlier), Kendall always says, "What are you doing? What are you doing?" over and over. This morning, as we told her that we were hugging, Cam yells, "Family hug!" and runs over to us and we all four hug. Such a sweet, sappy little moment for our family. :)

*Still working on getting health insurance. We thought working with a broker would make things easier. In reality, we've been really disappointed and question if we should have just done it on our own.

*Costco list today:
Chubs (Five 1 lb. tubes of ground beef)
Bananas
Frozen veggies
Eggs

*Dinner tonight: Lettuce Wraps
This time, I'm going to add some broccoli slaw and brown rice to bulk up the filling. Chris left feeling very hungry after the last attempt because the portions were smaller due to it being all meat.

*We are planning family pictures and I have teasingly told my sister that I've had it up to here with analyzing what we are going to wear. :) Final decision: jeans on bottom and black, white, or gray on top. Biggest disagreement? Whether you can have solids AND prints, or just solids. I said as long as it is in the same color group, prints will add interest to the picture.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Family hug"--I love it!!!

I really like the example of the "jeans on bottom, black/white/gray on top" you found, Kelly. Anybody want to see?

http://jesshekmanphotography.smugmug.com/Family/McDole-Family/15175458_sMTAr#1135083253_tuZJB

--Mom

Jessica said...

THrowing in some prints with the solids in the same color group definitely adds interest. As long as everyone isn't wearing a design, it looks great :) I always recommend mixing solids with a few prints within the color family you choose.

Jessica said...

Oh, and I think it's great that your mom is also going to Cam's IEP, I think it's always helpful to have an extra ear/brain with those types of things.

Anonymous said...

Excited for you guys to meet with the district and plan for next year. This will be so great for Cam and you too, as it will give you peace about what is coming for him.

Love that Kendall is inquisitive about your hugs. I wonder if it's a girl thing. Mia asked the same questions and we've invited her to join us too. It's so much fun to see her running over when we hug. Daniel is starting to catch on, but he is far less interested.

Side note-We're missing you guys. Can't wait for Jer to pass his test so we can get on with our regular visits!