Sunday, April 24, 2011

the last several days

Thursday: My mom, sister, and I headed up to Big Bear for the night. I'm not sure there was more than 10 minutes (besides when we watched a movie) that we weren't talking. Such a fun time! We went out to dinner, made homemade pizookies while watching a movie, relaxed, talked, read, and that's about it. :)



Friday: The kids did great overnight with the dads. In the morning, they headed up to Oak Glen for a hike. This was a big hit with all. They headed back to our place for lunch, then parted ways to wait for the mammas.



Saturday: Nice family day including a trip to Palm Springs. I had learned about a new park that we were eager to try out. So after braving the Easter crowds at Costco for lunch, we headed to the park. It was about 85 degrees, so while it was a little toasty, it was very fun and we'll definitely put that on our "frequent park" list. :)

That night, my mom and dad split up to watch all of the kids and my sister and I, with our husbands, went to meet some friends for dinner. Very fun.

Sunday: Church started at 7:45 this morning, so it was a little hectic getting out the door in time. The kids looked ADORABLE (thanks to Chris's mom). After church we went to Barnes and Noble to kill some time until Kendall's nap.



After Kendall's nap, we hung around the house until the family arrived for our afternoon Easter celebration.

Here are the kids watching golf with dad. They (especially Kendall) were actually quite into it. :)

Easter was very fun with an egg hunt and play time with the cousins. I could tell both kids were very ready for bed by the end of the day. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a huge blessing to me our get-away was! I've been looking forward to it for a long time! A time away with my two wonderful daughters--priceless!! --Mom