Monday, April 18, 2011

jam-packed fun

We had SUCH a wonderful time this past weekend with a visit from Chris's family. Saturday morning was golf for part of the family, while the rest of us stayed home. We all met for Cam's T-ball game in the afternoon. Cam LOVED having such a huge cheering section with Chris's family as well as my parents.


After the game, we came back for an early Easter celebration since we'll be with my family next week. I made the dessert I discovered this past Christmas, which was, is, and will always be one of the best recipes I've ever tried. :) Layers of cheesecake, chocolate cake, and German chocolate frosting. Yum. The kids opened their Easter baskets from their grandparents and had an egg hunt in the backyard.



Sunday we went to church. Cam got to walk down the aisle with all the kids, waving palm branches. He was a little overwhelmed by the loud music, but did awesome overall, even commenting afterward, "That was amazing!!". :)

After lunch, we headed out to Palm Springs to ride the tram to the top of the mountain. I'd always wondered about this and was excited that a friend of mine was able to get us free tickets (because she works there).




Cam was sad to see his grandparents go, but was happy to know they would be back in a few short weeks for Kendall's birthday. :)

3 comments:

Jen said...

Way to go, Cameron! I'm so glad he did so well walking down the isle at church! So awesome!

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend for all of you!!! I'm anxious to hear more about the tram ride, too. I'm sure the view is just breathtaking from up there. --Mom

susan said...

I'm SO glad it was a great weekend! What a wonderful family you married into!