Tuesday, April 5, 2011

*This morning we were worried about how Cam would do at school drop off, seeing as he had been away for a week. He did better than we expected. :) It helps him if I tell him to do something...such as, "Can you tell Ms. Karen what you did yesterday?" This gives him a task to complete, in addition to the task involving someone he feels safe with.

*Speaking of Cam, I mentioned a while back how we had bought him some new train tracks to make a huge one in our kitchen. He has been in heaven, directing all the trains and using all the switches. Take a look...

*Afternoon agenda: Park, speech for Cam, home for bath/dinner/bed. Dinner: Leftover pizza from Gourmet Pizza. We used our coupon from restaurants.com on Saturday and got our new favorite, It's A Gouda. I've decided that while I like the flavor if cilantro...you can definitely overdo it. This pizza had so much, that it was all you could taste in a few of the bites.

*Kendall LOVES pushing her toy stroller. This morning she insisted on taking it on our walk. So we both walked with our empty strollers. I know how long our usual route is, so I calculated that she walked over 1/2 a mile! That is a lot for those tiny little legs!!



*This morning at the library play time, they had homemade playdough. They had put glitter in the dough while mixing it and it was sooo cute! I'm going to need to get out my mom's recipe and make some. :)

*Did you know that when you BBQ steaks, you should only season them RIGHT before you put them on the grill? I learned this on a cooking show. Interesting.

*Having to buy your own health insurance BITES. We are almost done with the process, but have had a few snags along the way. Sure was nice when I worked and we just signed a few papers and...presto...we had insurance!

2 comments:

TessBenson said...

Its funny, cuz we havent had steaks in FOREVER, and we just bought some and I seasoned them this morning for tonight! OOPS! haha

Anonymous said...

Glitter in the play dough! Of course! Why hadn't I thought of that???

Yes, having to get individual health insurance is the pits. --Mom