Wednesday, October 26, 2011

*I took the kids to the mall play area yesterday after school. I wonder if that alone is why Cam slept in until 7 this morning, or 7:01 to be exact...Cam always tells us the exact minute he wakes up each morning :) Both he and Kendall played very hard! Afterward we met my parents and Chris at Pat and Oscar's for a belated b-day celebration for Chris. After dinner we had our cake picnic outside by the ducks. At one point Cam sat his plate down on the bench and a duck went after it big time. I really think that was the highlight of Cam's day. He died laughing and wouldn't stop.


*Cam will start a new speech class through the school district next week. It will be twice a week for 90 minutes. I hope Kendall doesn't get tired of parks, because we'll be making our rounds to any and all I can find since we need to stay in the area to pick him up afterward for school.

*My mom, who is a VERY healthy eater, also didn't like my veggie burgers I posted about a few days ago. Sigh. Oh well, I think I'll start buying some just for myself, since my homemade attempt was such a botch.

*Cam is VERY into the states right now. He has three U.S. puzzles that he sometimes does up to 6 times a day. I'm sad to admit that he knows far more than I as to the location of each one. He is working on the capitals now...which I'm also very bad at naming.

*Dinner tonight: Spaghetti

*I've started sneaking flax seed into Kendall's oatmeal each morning. I also do half cream of wheat for the extra iron. I'm so glad she likes this combo. I feel like this is her only really good solid meal of the day. She barely eats at the other meals. I try to make her snacks healthy, but I know she is snacking too much...lending to not much appetite at meals.

*I don't like cold weather.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, so sad about your veggie patties--I really did want to like them. :o(

The duck food attack really was funny...it startled me to hear Chris speak so harshly...until I saw he was talking to a duck!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Your cake picnic/duck story was so funny! And your mom's comment too! Was Chris gonna fight that duck or what?!

Have you had Costco's veggie patties? I don't know if they're actually all that good for you, but they are really tasty-kind of remind me of the veggie nests they have at TJs-crispy and crunchy.

Cam is amazing! He has such an incredible passion for knowing things!

Missing you guys! Looking forward to next month!