Saturday, October 22, 2011

saturday tidbits

*Our library had a pumpkin party this morning. I thought the kids would enjoy putting their costumes on early for breakfast out with dad. They did. :)

*They had a wonderful time making crafts, listening to a Halloween story, and playing games. Despite it being Halloween themed, they were the only ones in costume. They didn't seem to mind. :)



*Later I took Cam to a birthday party for a girl in his class. He was in bounce house HEAVEN. It was at Pump It Up, which we had never been to. At one point, all the the kids were ushered into a dark room, with loud techno music, black lights, and laser lights flashing all around. It was sensory overload, if you ask me, so I marvaled at how much my little guy adored it. Ahh...happy mama.


*Hodgepodge dinner tonight for us. My meal? Homemade corn dog. Chris' mom buys them at her school carnival and freezes them for me. They are amazing. I heat them in the microwave and then put them into the George Foreman (to make them crispy). Yum.

*The World Series is on. Usually I'll email or occupy myself with something else while Chris watches sports. Tonight I felt like a movie, but it was slim pickings at Red Box. A little embarrassed to admit that I came home with Blue Crush 2. What was I thinking? We'll see... :)

3 comments:

susan said...

How fun! And yay for Cameron! That room would have been waaaay too much for me. =)

Jessica said...

Sounds like a fun day :)

Anonymous said...

Hooray for your little library. They do some good things for the kids. And I'm sooo happy that Cam loved that loud, flashing room too. Such progress he's made!

Mom