Monday, October 10, 2011

weekend

Highlights from our trip up north:

*Getting to see our good friend perform in "Forever Plaid" on Friday night.

*Watching the parade on Saturday. Both kids really enjoyed it. Here is Cam eagerly awaiting it's start.



*Relaxing. Chris' mom always buys me lots of magazines when I go up because she knows how much I love them. She keeps lots of made for TV movies on her Tivo for me and stocks up on plenty of chocolate, like these, which I think are one of the best brands of dark chocolate.



*Going to the pumpkin patch on Sunday. This was the highlight for both the kids and I (and probably grandma too). We met some good friends there and the kids had a blast. The patch has trails, a treehouse, a train, and a little castle/house for the kids to climb around. Cam was in HEAVEN, as was Kendall.






*Having Chris get to golf with his dad. One of Chris' favorite things is to golf with his family. I always try to figure out our schedule and make it work so that there is time for this. He doesn't get to see his family near as much as I do, so I think it's SUPER important to always make times like this a priority. He and his dad had a great time.

*GREAT food, including German Choc cake, homemade donuts at the parade, french toast breakfast, and the list goes on. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness...what a wonderful weekend! I'm so glad you can go up and that the kids do pretty well in the car now.
Mom

susan said...

Super fun! What a thoughtful mother-in-law! =) Glad it was a great weekend.

Jannae said...

Looks like a fun weekend! What a very thoughtful mother in law!
Kelli... How are you SO skinny? You always post so many yummy treats and foods and desserts and chocolates andddd yea! How do you stay so thin!? :)
Love reading your blog!
PS: Cam looks SO GROWN UP in that first pic!