Friday, October 21, 2011

well...i tried



I mentioned a few days ago that I had an AMAZING veggie burger at the Cheesecake Factory. I was determined to find a recipe and attempt them myself. My disclaimer up front is that I rarely, if ever serve things to Chris that I know he probably won't like. Tonight was the exception, but I was secretly hoping he would enjoy them (however knew that was unlikely). My gut was correct and he didn't like them at all. He forced down half of his burger, while Kendall refused and Cam gave up mid-way.

But I thought they were WONDERFUL and had such a unique and good flavor!!! So, if you like veggie burgers, health food, earthy/wholesome flavored things, these are definitely worth a try. They are quite a bit of work, but I'm just freezing the remaining patties so I can snack on them myself in the coming weeks. :) Here is the recipe (the pic above is from there as well).

I even tried to sweeten the deal by including barbeque sauce, sharp cheddar, a slice of bacon, and a white bun!! But his look says it all...huh? :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummmmmmmmmmmmm! Bet I would love 'em! Sorry for Chris. He's missin' out.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh too bad! I wanna look around for a recipe for this too....

Jessica said...

I think they look yummy, I love veggie burgers :)

Anonymous said...

They look yummy, but I checked out the other blog...seems like a lot of work. : )

Jana said...

We're a fan of the veggie burgers at Costco, I believe they're morning star brand. And the black bean burgers are super yummy! I hadn't even thought of making my own... I'll have to check out the recipe.