Sunday, September 9, 2012

insight into Cam

I've always looked forward to Cameron getting older for the simple fact that he'll be able to express himself more and explain things that I've always wondered about.  Like what really goes on in his little head when he gets so upset when Kendall cries?  But even though he's not quite there yet, we are able to learn a little more of how he feels through things he says and experiences we go through.

This morning Chris ended up leaving church with him and returning when Kendall and I were done.  Cam has difficulty if we arrive late somewhere (like a class) and things have already started.  One reason is that he needs to be welcomed and talked to by the teacher, which makes him feel comfortable and safe right away.  This morning we were late AND his favorite teachers were gone and a substitute was there whom he had never met.  A combination of the tardiness and expecting his teachers but then being surprised by a different one made him start to cry.

We've also now realized that he gets embarrassed at his crying in front of his friends.  Since his two buddies were in his class, he didn't want to stay.  After about 10 minutes with us in big church, we decided it best to just let today go.  In all this, I'm thankful that we are learning more and more of how he feels, so we can know better how to help him. :)

On a completely different note, yesterday morning I wanted to make something fun for breakfast and had seen several recipes for Breakfast Cookies on various blogs.  I found a good one and the kids were super excited to eat "cookies" for breakfast.  These are SOOOO tasty and healthy!!!!  Yum.  They are great to freeze too, which I love.

*I used only 1/3 cup honey instead of the 1/2 cup called for
*I used chocolate chips but I've found that with my kids, I never have to put the full amount called for.  All I need to do is put a few on top and they are excited.  :)







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The fact that you think through "all things Cameron" to gain insight into how you can help is invaluable. He's come fo far because of that.
Mom