Saturday, June 15, 2013

amazing friends and amazing cookies

Today we drove out to OC to visit my friend Jen and her family.  We had such a fun time as adults as well as kids (the kids get along great which is always fun to see).  They swam and swam and are both heading to bed early tonight. :)


I recently came across a cookie recipe which uses avocado.  Since my kids rarely eat them, I thought hiding them in a cookie was a good idea.  These cookies are AWESOME. 1.You cannot tell in the least that they are made with avocado 2.They are sooo fudgy and rich. 3. For a cookie, they are pretty darn healthy. I love, love, love them!!!!

The real recipe has more chocolate chips and double the sugar, neither of which were needed.



Flourless Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 avocados
1/2 cup plus 2 tsp. packed brown sugar
1/2 cup dark chocolate cocoa (I buy dark at Walmart & I think it's needed since I cut down on sugar)
2 tsp. baking soda
2 eggs
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Mash avocados with a fork.  Add remaining ingredients until well combined.  Drop tablespoon-fulls onto greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 for approx. 8-10 minutes.  I let mine underbake so that they appear almost doughy still when I take them out.  YUM.

1 comment:

Teresa DiMillo said...

I'm gonna have to try that cookie! I LOVE my cookies under done. They are best when they are chewy, gooey.