Sunday, October 25, 2015

1988 encyclopedia

*This past Friday, while we waited for Kendall to get out of her dance elective, Cam and I drove to the ranger station to get a permit for our hike in a couple weeks.



*Last week I heard there would be a community wide yard sale this weekend. So yesterday we decided to make it a fun, early morning outing. We started out getting the kids donuts, then gave them each some money to spend. We stopped at several yard sales and they were both able to find some cool things.



Cameron's favorite find: A 1988 World Encyclopedia Set. We tried to tell him that a lot of the information would be WAY out of date, but he was determined. He was very anxious to organize them as soon as we got home. :)



Kendall's favorite find: A scooter...which I'm thankful she got as her old one broke last year.

*Last night the kids spent the night at my parents and Chris and I went out to celebrate his belated birthday. We headed out to the desert. He first dropped me off at Starbucks while he headed to a golf store. I tried the Toasted Graham Latte for the first time. Verdict? Very good but not amazing. I got a nice chunk of reading done. I realized it's much easier for me to read somewhere else because at home, I'm always thinking of other things I could be doing. Afterward Chris picked me up for dinner at Cheesecake!

We got ice cream to bring home afterward and headed back to binge watch some TV. Before kids, it was common for us to plow through three shows at a time. Now it's not uncommon for us to barely make it through one! It was fun to just relax and zone out for a few hours. On the agenda? Newsroom, West Wing, and Suits.


No comments: