Thursday, December 17, 2015

killing kennedy

*Yesterday Kendall was talking about a little guy at her school who does not live with his parents. Cameron said, "I'm thankful for my family. You know, if I had a choice to give up Lamar (a stuffed animal) or have my whole family die, I would choose my family." Wow. :) I'm glad to know where we rank. Ha! :)

*Last night we went to Applebees with the kids. I'm sure I need to lighten up, but do we have to have tablets everywhere we go? Do kids really need the restaurants to also give them an option to play games at every table?  I realize that sometimes parents just want a nice dinner and need some entertainment for their little ones (as did we when the kids were little), but it just seems like tablets/phones have turned into an automatic rather than a last resort. Okay..I'll step down from my soapbox. :)

*One of our advent days has always been decorating a gingerbread house. This year I was too late and Costco had run out of them. I instead purchased the Ugly Sweater Cookie Kit. It was funny to hear the kids confusion with, "Why do we have to make them ugly???" :)


We invited the quads over for the decorating:



*I have about half an hour until I sub and the kids already left for school. I just finished my hot chocolate and am watching Gilmore Girls. Ahhh... :)

*I finished Killing Reagan last week and am now reading Killing Kennedy. REALLY good.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I agree with the phone / tablet thing! I only use it as a last resort for Dr. Waiting rooms and if the wait is really abnormally long at a restaurant. I actually keep a little bag filled with markers, stickers, paper and stuff that I bring into restaurants, it at least buys us a little more time without resulting to technology :)

Anonymous said...

I had a copy of Killing Kennedy. Did you buy it for your Kindle?
Mom