Tuesday, March 4, 2008

top 5

Last night when I asked Chris to rate dinner (as I do every night), he said it was good enough to be in his top 5. He then said, "I suppose you want me to list my top 5?" Of course! So here you go. I know, you are on the edge of your seat, right?

In no particular order...

1. White Chicken Enchiladas
2. Peanut Butter pasta (basically this is a thai peanut sauce, but we gave it our own name)
3. Sunny Pasta (again our own name--consists of green onions, sundried tomatoes, toasted almonds, and chicken tossed with EVOO)
4. Turkey burgers (I buy these great pre-made turkey burgers from Jenny-O that are already seasoned)
5. Skillet Dinner (I LOVE this because you can literally make it in 30 minutes...see below)

Skillet Dinner
1 lb. ground turkey
1/2 cup water
1 can tomato soup
1/2 cup salsa
4 flour tortillas torn into small pieces
1 cup cheese

Brown meat and drain. Add remaining ingredients (top with cheese) and let simmer 5 minutes. Top with sour cream.



Today my mom brought my two nieces over to play. She and my dad are taking care of them for a couple days while Susan and Chris are at a missionary retreat. We had an Easter Egg hunt in the back yard, which Cameron seemed to enjoy.



Here we were trying to capture Cam giving Savannah a kiss. He doesn't look to into it, but he did give her a couple!

5 comments:

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

Hey Kelly, I think I'm going to try the skillet dinner tonight! Looks yummy! Quick question...does it thicken up, or is it more like a soup?

Anonymous said...

Soooo fun!! I love the skillet dinner! It sounds really easy and really yummy! Can't wait to give it a try.

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

I made it tonight!!! YUM!

Donna Stark said...

At first I read Chris's list and thought, "Huh? Where's the steak and ribs and things like that?" But then I realized these are 5 favorite meals YOU make, right?
I think I'll try the skillet dinner, too.

Donna Stark said...

Did you create the recipe?