Monday, March 3, 2008

cabinets and words

A couple weeks back Chris's dad came down to help install cabinets in our garage. He and Chris were quite successful and we now have everything that was previously on the floor in a cabinet. What a great feeling! Thanks so much Wayne for driving all the way down here and spending countless hours installing these for us!




Tomorrow we have our first visit from the OT. I'm very excited to get some strategies to start working on with Cameron. Here we are watching Baby Einstein while I explain what each picture is about. I'm trying to flood him with words and so I use every opportunity I get.



We are also going to start the PEC system. Basically we will be using pictures to help stimulate his language use. Through various steps, he will get to the point where he hands me the picture of what he wants, instead of fussing and me not knowing what he needs (or me giving him everything without making him do anything). The words for each picture will accompany the task and eventually/hopefully this will develop into speaking. Here is a common object I guarantee he'll use as it is his all-time favorite food!

4 comments:

Team Harry said...

Glad u got rid of your lil friend, the virus!!

Can't wait to hear about all Cam's improvements!! Praying for you~

Anonymous said...

Great to have the cabinets! What an A+ FIL you have!

But how is it possible for you to get any more organized than you already are??

I love the pic of you and Cam working with Baby Einstein. We are excited to hear your first words, Cameron!

Donna Stark said...

Yes, those cabinets even increase the value of your home. I'm looking forward to seeing them...except it might make me jealous. :o)

And what a dear picture of you talk, talk, talking to Cameron.

Trying to Love, Laugh & Live said...

It will be so fun to watch you work and grow with Cameron. That is the sweetest picture of you and Cameron watching Baby Einstein... Cameron is a lucky little man to have you as his mommy and friend.