Saturday, June 28, 2008

the khols theory

Over the past several months I have noticed something about stores such as Mervyn's, Khols, Gottshalks, etc. I have realized that on nearly every single rack of clothing, there sits a "Sale" sign. Next time you go, look around. Kid you not, almost everything in the entire store is on sale...all the time. I'm sure you can tell where I'm going with this. My theory is that they want you to feel like you are getting a deal on whatever you find, therefore upping the chances that you'll purchase it. However in reality, no matter when you go, chances are the item you want will be on sale. So from now on, I'm not going to allow myself to be tempted by their deception. I'm not going to allow myself to assume that I MUST buy the item because it might not be on sale the next time I come. I'll show them. :)

On an unrelated note, several days ago Chris announced that he wanted to make me dinner on Friday. So last night he made some tasty fajitas. I was so impressed that he researched the type of meat he should use as well as bought whole avocados to make homemade guacamole. They were very delicious, but even more great was the thoughtfulness of him to go to all the effort. :)



I wanted to catch this moment on camera. Poor Cam just gets so worn out sometimes. I mean wouldn't you? He gets wheeled around in his bike trailer usually twice a day, goes to the park 1-2 times a day (my favorite time is during the mid-day 100 degree heat!), has his mom read to him whenever he wants, and the list goes on! It is tough being a baby!

4 comments:

Donna Stark said...

You're going to single-handedly bring Kohl's & all those deceptive stores to their knees--what a woman!

Is there anything more enjoyable than having your husband INITIATE something like cooking dinner...or going out...or whatever?? I think not. You go, Chris.

Team Harry said...

Im laughing right now!! Don't u ever wish you were a kid again?
A husband that cooks is a blessing!!!
I have noticed that about Kohls... It does help me to know I got something on sale but you are right they are deceptive!!

Taylor Family said...

I totally see what you're talking about with the whole 'sale' thing, but even still I'm a TOTAL sucker for those little red clearance stickers at Target! And I know better, but that doesn't seem to help...

Anonymous said...

i just DIG cam's buzz!! so cute!! re: kohls, who cares if it has the sale sign. i just look at the bottom line, and i do save at these places, though boy does the second hand children's store (Children's Orchard by us) beat all those stores by a MILE! Yesterday I bought the kids 8 shirts, one dress, and one pair of shorts for $31.