Tuesday, June 10, 2008

veggies and mama

My mom has been one of my best advocates through all of my insomnia...meaning she is always finding articles, doing internet research, etc. to help me find a solution. One of the things she suggested was to eat healthier. I've never been an unhealthy eater, but I'm not terribly healthy. I don't eat tons of fried foods, yet I don't typically have veggies everyday. One of her suggestions was to cut up a bunch of raw veggies (with a little low fat ranch) and snack on them throughout the day. My snacking previously consisted mainly of pretzels, which don't do anything for you. I took her advice and have realized what a great idea it was! So many times I'm not hungry, just munchy. I've gone through a big bag of these in two days!!



Lately Cameron has taken to saying "mama" over and over in the car until I answer him, to which he always then asks for a cracker (usually I know he isn't even hungry). Today as he kept repeating it, I found myself relishing each time. It wasn't too long ago that I would have killed to hear him say my name. Now that he is, I don't ever want to get annoyed...I just want to thank God for that cute little voice!

3 comments:

Donna Stark said...

Oh, how true that is! Hearing him say "Mama" or "Daddy" for the purpose of getting your attention is sweet, sweet music!

And now that your zip lock of veggies looked so good Saturday, I've got my own goin' on! Mmmmm! Delicious!

Anonymous said...

Oh, am am SOOO inspired to start a veggie bag now!!

heidi said...

I can related to your last paragraph! I couldn't WAIT until Maggie said my name, too. I am so happy that you are hearing Cameron's sweet voice!