Sunday, June 1, 2008

Wicked

Friday I had a girls night out...first one in a long time. It was a lot of fun and by the end of it we were all discussing what we wanted to do next. We left in the late afternoon and drove out to The Grove in L.A., where we ate dinner and shopped around. We then went to see Wicked at the Pantages. Generally I'm not a "play" type person, but this was much better than I had expected and we had great seats, which made it all the more enjoyable. The girls I went with are from my church, and I feel so lucky to have created friendships with them because they are all so fun to hang out with.



Yesterday Chris, Cam and I headed out to Palm Springs. This has become a weekend favorite for us as we just love the city. After lunch, we went to the Living Desert, which is basically a zoo in the middle of the desert. On a scale of 1-10, I'd give our visit a 4 as far as the interesting animals we saw. Granted, it was hot and many of them were being lazy (which is understandable), but Cam isn't too interested in a sleeping rhino...he needs to see more action! We still had nice time and there were a few exhibits Cam enjoyed.



4 comments:

Donna Stark said...

The lack of traffic congestion out Palm Springs way is so nice, too. Yeah, lazy lizards aren't too exciting for a little guy. I'm looking forward to seeing that water fountain you found on your blog.

Donna Stark said...

Oh, and I'm SOO glad you got to go see Wicked with the girls. They sound like such fun. (Did you all decide to wear black?) :o)

Anonymous said...

I LOVED wicked!! I thought the music was so lovely. It is a great show for a wide variety of audiences!! How fun that you got to enjoy a girls night out!!

Anonymous said...

Did you all plan to wear black together?

I think it's nice that you're still willing to hang out with brunettes. Brunettes can be fun too.