Sunday, November 2, 2008

change of scenery

We just got back from a very fun weekend with Chris's aunt Noonie and Deb (whom we consider to be family as well). Noonie lives up north right on the beach. After arriving mid morning on Saturday, the three of them took off to golf for the afternoon while Cam and I stayed back. That evening we all enjoyed a wonderful steak dinner after I had put Cam down for bed. Sunday morning they left for another round golf and Cam and I hung back.

You might be wondering, "How is that fun for you? They got to have all the fun and you had to stay back?". Well, Cam and I actually had a GREAT time and here is the logic. Had I stayed back at our house, I would have done the typical things we always do (park, walks, run around outside, etc.). So why not have a change of scenery and instead of walking around our same block, get to walk by the ocean...and visit new parks...and run around on the pier instead of our front yard? I loved getting Cam away and letting him explore new things. So yes, I didn't participate in the fun with Chris and his family, but Cam and I had a great time just the two of us. And I then got to enjoy time with Noonie and Deb after he was in bed and today at lunch! Best of both worlds, if you ask me!!

The golfers:




Cam LOVED the ocean. We sat on the beach for a quite a while as he watched the waves:




Feeding Tessa:


Thanks Noonie and Deb!!

5 comments:

The Urke Family said...

kelly, he is So cute -- I love the picture of him on the pier!

Donna Stark said...

Oh, I so agree--a change of scenery is hard to beat--and especially the ocean! So glad you all had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Wow, he is looking so OLD!!! Such a handsome little guy!

Donna Stark said...

P.S. I love Cameron's casual kick-back pose as he contemplates the ocean. :o)

Team Harry said...

Aww... looks like a great weekend of bonding with your son!! What's more fun then that? He's super cute!!