Sunday, November 30, 2008

prettiest house on the block

My family was never one to go all out in decorating the outside of our house for Christmas. I only remember putting up lights a few years and this just consisted of one strand outlining our front door. But you know what? I loved every time we turned the corner and I saw that one strand. I remember thinking we had the most beautiful house. I guess when it is your own place, no matter how many lights you put up, what you end up with is always beautiful.

I actually am still the same way. All I do at our home now is put lights in a little shrub right outside our door. But for some reason I think it looks so pretty and I love driving up to our home in the dark. Yes, it pales in comparison to the job some of our neighbors have done, but I don't care. It's perfect for me.

3 comments:

Donna Stark said...

Here, here, I agree! Any touch of Christmas decorating just lifts the spirits!

Ross and Amy Free said...

Chris needs to go Clark Griswold on that place!

Anonymous said...

I like it! I'm not into the garish over-the-top Christmas decorating at all. Though it is fun to drive around for the kids to see!