Sunday, June 7, 2009

toys r us

In the grand scheme of life, this is so not a big deal. And I'm really not complaining (I have to say that b/c the sermon today was about not grumbling!), but can I just say that Toys R Us/Babies R Us annoy me? First off, I don't like the barrage of questions that hit me when I check out:

*Are you part of our rewards program?
*I'm assuming your kiddos are part of Jeffrey's Birthday club?
*Did you know we sell a protection plan for these trains? (why wouldn't I spend almost a third the cost of a Thomas the Train just so I could take it back if it got scratched!??)
*Do you have triple A batteries at home?

No kidding. Those were the questions all as I was checking out.

Secondly, I bought something with a $25 gift card that was $30, so I gave them the additional $5 in cash. When I needed to return it, they refused to give me my $5, and instead attached it to the gift card because they, "couldn't split a refund". Is that legal??

1 comment:

Donna Stark said...

Yeah, and I kind of bet the sales clerks get tired of having to ask all those questions too. I sure would. (Maybe they have "suggestion cards."--but then when you have your kids with you, who has time to fill one out?) :o)