Monday, June 15, 2009

weekend getaway

This past weekend we headed up north for a visit to my in-laws. Cam had a BLAST the entire time. He ran himself ragged all around their property playing with the dogs, pulling his wagon, running around (making his grandma probably regret inviting us as she must have been exhausted following him around and keeping him in check!!). We enjoyed amazing food the entire weekend. Debbie always tries new, rich, chocolate recipes when I'm there. She hit a home run this time with my new favorite, "Chocolate Mess". It is made in the crock pot and is not for the, "this is too rich, I can only have one bite" wimpy folk. This is for hard core chocolate lovers. Yum. Email me if you think you can handle the recipe. :)

Chris and his dad got to play some golf and we also got two great visits in, one with his grandparents, and one with Matt and Jana, some dear friends we don't get to see near enough. It was such a nice and relaxing weekend and it was hard to leave and get back to our usual home routine. :)

More and more alert :)


Kendall with grandma




Jana and I with our girls

4 comments:

Donna Stark said...

So glad you had such a great weekend!! And great pics...I'm getting that one of the 4 of you for my purse.

Bethany said...

Cute family pic! Don't you just love having a girl?!

CauthronCentral 24/7 said...

would love the chocolate mess recipe-no wimpy girl here-thanks Tara

Jessica said...

Sounds like fun :) It's always great to get away, especially when someone cooks for you!