Monday, June 22, 2009

worth it

A few days ago a guy came by offering us free installation on an alarm system for our house. We need only pay the monthly $40 maintenance fee. I agree that it seems like a good deal, and believed him when he said it was a very discounted monthly rate. However the fact remains, no matter how discounted $40 is, it is still an extra $40! So we passed. Just like I have passed on clothing that was super on sale. It may be a great sale, but it is still money out of my pocket.

Today at Costco, however, I did spend a little extra. Normally, I pay $2.99 for a small bag of spinach at the grocery store. This bag at Costco however, was only 50 cents more...and look how huge it is (2.5 lbs. to be exact)! So will I actually eat all of this? I might not (however I will sure try), but I do think getting about 2x the spinach was worth the extra 50 cents!!

4 comments:

Jannae said...

Kelly you are so funny! Miss seeing you around..but know you are where God wants you to be! =)
I have that same bag of spinach and am trying to finish it too! =)

sfitz said...

Blend it up in smoothies... that's how we get rid of it if we can see we're just not eating enough otherwise. I always put two big handfuls in my kids smoothies and they love them, so do I. :-)

Donna Stark said...

In smoothies? Really? Like fruit smoothies? I never would have thought. Can you just not taste it?

Jessica said...

I agree, the spinach at costco is a great deal. I've also put it in smoothies, you cant taste it all, it just makes them green.