Thursday, February 24, 2011

horrible to AWESOME

This morning we got into the car to go to a birthday party. Kendall was ticked because she wanted some juice and I wouldn't give it to her. She threw a mini fit in the car as we drove off, sending Cam through the roof. He hasn't yelled like that in a long time. He wouldn't stop (which I realized later was making it so Kendall wouldn't calm down). I finally turned around and VERY, VERY firmly said, "Cameron, you need to stop right now. You are a big boy and I want you STOP." He immediately stopped yelling and started calming down (which calmed her down).

Amid sniffles, he then said, "Mommy, I'm trying to calm down." SO SWEET. Then, "Mommy, I am feeling very much better. I was crying because sissy was crying." My heart melted as he said several times throughout the trip how much better he was feeling and explained to me why he was crying. My, how we have come soooo far.

I was on cloud nine after his sweet words, so I went to the birthday knowing that even if he got overwhelmed and we had to leave, it wouldn't matter because he had made my morning already. :) But to add frosting to the cupcake, he did amazing at the party. Amazing.

Speaking of cupcakes, I let them eat theirs' on the ride home since we had to duck out early for Kendall's nap...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm over the moon too!!!! "I am trying to calm down...I am feeling very much better." How very dear!
Gee--it sounds like yet another turning point! That was great for you to do.

Donna Stark said...

Nope--me. Cannot figure this out :(