Friday, February 11, 2011

cameron james

My mom often reminds me that our life with Cameron will be full of valleys and mountains, valleys and mountains... I'm so happy because I feel like we have been on a mountain for quite some time now. He's been doing amazing at drop off each day at school. He's going on two weeks straight of not seeming overwhelmed whatsoever, even when we walk into a class full of loud, active kids. He's also been more interactive with kids, which makes me tear up just thinking about it. Today, he said a couple things that just made me want to squeeze him they were so cute.

As we were driving home from school:

Me: Cam, did you play outside today?
Cam: Yes
Me: What did you play with?
Cam: Lot's of things
Me: What things?
Cam: You don't need to ask me anymore
Me: Ok...um...what was your favorite thing about today?
Cam: Mom, you don't have to ask questions. Just drive.
Me: Point taken :)

As we walked into the McDonald's play area:

Cam: (yelling) Hey kids, you are too loud!!!!

I proceeded to explain that it was a play area, and they could be loud if they wanted. It was quite funny. :)

Here is my little guy this afternoon playing on the couch. Boy do I love him.

2 comments:

Jessica deBruyn said...

Love that it's a mountain time, and love his comments. His comment about no more questions and just drive seems so completely male! Adorable! Definitely some phrases to write down in his memory book. =)

Donna Stark said...

Yes, I LOVE the "You don't have to ask questions--just drive." Love it!! Did you laugh out loud? :)

I too am thrilled that this is a mountain time. And just knowing that life is a mountain/valley process helps make the hard times recognizable for just what they are--temporary valleys.