Thursday, February 10, 2011

soooooo good

If it weren't for calories, I think Chris and I would have pasta with some sort of rich, cream sauce every single night. So I was excited to find a low fat version of Fettucine Alfredo in this month's Food Network magazine. It was amazing! We both agreed that it was actually better than any full fat Alfredo I've ever made. Wow!

Low Fat Fettucine Alfredo

12 oz. fettucine
1 tbls. butter
1 clove garlic
1 tsp. lemon zest
2 tsp. flour
2/3 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
2 tbls. low fat cream cheese
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Saute garlic and lemon zest in butter for about a minute over medium heat. Whisk in flour and salt. Add milk and stir until it starts to thicken. Add cream cheese and cheese and stir until creamy. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Add, with sauce, to drained pasta.

Speaking of cooking, the kids and I made chocolate chip cookies today. This was the first time we've baked together (normally it's just Cam and I). It was a little more rushed and messy, but very fun. :)



1 comment:

Donna Stark said...

Ouuuuuu, that DOES sound good!