Friday, February 18, 2011

update

*Yesterday was a busy day. After our speech session at University Redlands, I quick dropped the kids back home with Chris and headed over to a seminar given by Cam's old preschool teacher, Gaby. It was very good...made even better by my conversation afterward with her.

Looks like we are going to pursue a different direction next year for Cam. She said there is an excellent special ed kinder class taught by a great teacher. It's only 3 hours a day, and we could even look at mainstreaming Cam a few hours a week after a while. Depending on how well the year goes, we could either repeat kinder in a general ed class the following year, or move him to 1st grade (that being the BEST case scenario). I left feel really encouraged.

I then headed to Claim Jumpers to meet the girls from my Tmoms table. We had SUCH a fun night and I even stayed out to the shockingly late hour of 9:30...yikes! :)

*Today Kendall and I went to Fresh and Easy. I paused at the entrance to get a coupon, when all of the sudden the automatic door started closing and smacked me in the head...giving me a headache. Not very happy about that.

*Purchased about 20 lbs. of chicken as we are ready again for another big chicken bake around here.

*Very interesting called, "I Used to be Fat". These kids lose about 80 pounds in one summer. Crazy. Not sure how healthy it is, but it is very cool to see such drastic transformations, not just in their appearance, but in their self esteems.

*Making a meal Ana recommended on her blog tonight. Very excited. Since Chris's weight deadline with Ana's husband is next week, I'm going to try and make it a little lighter (turkey bacon and using part milk with the cream).

*I think we'll go feed some ducks today and take advantage of this sunny day...seeing as tomorrow won't be so sunny. :)

*Cam's new response to many things right now is, "Absolutely!" (pronounced, "absolooootly"). This morning when I dropped him off at school, I heard him tell a friend he didn't want to play because he wanted to go talk to the teachers (something he is more comfortable doing). I knelt down and said, "Cameron, I would like you to talk to your teachers later and play with Natalie right now." "Um... absoloootly, mom!!". :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Man! Those girls must be stimulating conversationalists to keep you out till the bewitching hour of 9:30!!!! Absolooootely!

Donna Stark said...

Oops--that was me, not Dad.

Charlee said...

I have heard of the special Kinder class and that its an awesome thing that the school offers. Thats fantastic news for Cam!

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm soooo excited about this schooling option for Cam!!!!! YAY! God orchestrated that meeting/conversation with Gaby I think!