Sunday, February 27, 2011

last few days

*Friday afternoon Chris took Cam out for a daddy date. They went to Chuck E Cheese, a couple golf stores, and to dinner. Kendall and I went to JC Penny's to get some new sheets. Not too exciting, but we REALLY needed new sheets. Ours actually have several holes in them and needed to be replaced long ago.

*Saturday we knew we had a day of rain/snow ahead of us, so we made a few plans. The morning consisted of a simple trip to Walmart, but it still got us out of the house. After lunch, we headed to my parents for the afternoon. Later we went to some friends' house for dinner and had some SUPER yummy lettuce wraps. So the the big storm day didn't turn out soooo long after all.

*Today we took two of my sister's girls for the afternoon. We went to the park, got frozen yogurt, and played. Then the whole family got together later for dinner at our place. We introduced them to Gourmet Pizza and actually got some decent conversation in, amidst the kids literally running around screaming and playing chase.



*I'm reading, "The Help" right now for my book club and am REALLY enjoying it.

*Baked cookies this weekend with Cam. He loves brown sugar and always wants a pinch. It reminded me of when I was a kid. We called my dad the, "Brown sugar monster", because he would LOAD up our toast with it and it was scrumptious. :)

*Bachelor: I think he will choose Ashley. It might be Emily, however I think he feels like it's too much to instantly become a father, as well as replace Emily's ex-fiance.

*Cam now has two social "playgroups" per week with the University of Redlands program we are in. I am SOO thankful for these and he has such a fun time.

9 comments:

Jana said...

I read The Help recently and LOVED it! They're making it into a movie that's supposed to come out this summer.
And I have to disagree about the Bachelor. I think Ashley is going to be the next to go. And while I like Emily the best, I think he'll ultimately choose Chantal. Is it on tonight? Actually, I liked Shawntel that just left the best. Oh well.
I know I don't comment on your blog very much, but I check it everyday and love being up-to-date on your life. So thanks!

Unknown said...

So fun of you and Chris to take the cousins yesterday. I just love seeing them play together! That's a great picture.

Donna Stark said...

That was me...

I give up...:o( It says "You will be asked to sign in after submitting your comment",but then it submits my comment under "John." Ugh! I'm frustrated.

Anonymous said...

Mom - you could just sign your name at the end of each comment you write. But really, we always know it's you - partially because of the absence of typos!! =)

Love this picture!

Jana said...

Ok, I have to change my prediction. I think Brad will choose Emily despite everything.

Kelly said...

Jana....now I agree with you too. I was sure proved wrong last night with the Ashley debacle. I think Chauntel is a little too immature for him. :)

Jana said...

Yeah, I think Chantal is too high maintenance emotionally. Although they can spin things to look however they want in order to shock us in the end, so who knows....

Anonymous said...

I read The Help and really liked it. It was eye opening for me.

I love catching up with your blog. The kids are so stinking cute!!

ps... Still wish you had a Facebook... Chris having one isn't cuttin it for me!! Miss you !!!!!

Anonymous said...

oops.... I guess Aaron is signed into his gmail account.... Love, Jessica ; )