Friday, February 10, 2012

freezer

Chris often makes fun of me for how much and what kind of things I freeze. Right now you are likely to find a few of the following:

*cupcakes including the frosting
*chips, crackers, cookies (like if we bought a bag specifically for a recipe and I don't know when I'll use the rest)
*cereal (same reason as above)
*one serving of something left from dinner (great to pop out for someone to have for a leftovers-we all have different things- night)
*homemade tortillas (because they are a pain to make so I like to have them easy to thaw and use)

I have always just HATED to waste food. And in all honesty, I use most everything I freeze eventually. Case in point? I blogged a while back about what has become one of my favorite cakes of all time. The part that was the tastiest was the crumb layer. I didn't use all of it, so I decided to freeze the remainder. I'm so glad I did because I topped these delicious banana muffins with cream cheese frosting I made for my moms' group this morning. They were quite a hit. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, a girl over at my TMOMs table saw your cream cheese topped muffins & commented on how great they looked. Freeze away!! We're so fortunate to have freezers when so much of the world doesn't.
Mom