Monday, February 6, 2012

*Had a great hike with my mom on Saturday morning. It was a new one we had never been to so we all really enjoyed it. Poor Kendall is still having poop/tummy trouble so Chris and I had to alternate carrying her most of the way, but she still had fun.



*Here we are making Chris' favorite cookie of all time for Sunday's Super Bowl party (sidenote: I use store bought German Chocolate frosting inside the cookies and it makes them much less labor intensive).



*Saturday night we met Chris' brother and his family for dinner. The kids enjoyed seeing their cousins and did remarkably well at the restaurant despite our food taking an abnormally long time. :)

*Kendall wasn't back to normal by party time so my parents watched her while Chris, Cameron and I made the trek out to OC. We had a nice time seeing friends from college we hadn't seen in a couple years. Cam did great as they had a large playroom where he disappeared to as soon as we arrived.

*The M&M's and I did battle at the party. I've decided the perfect combo is one peanut and one plain eaten at the same time. One peanut alone does not have enough chocolate to counteract the peanut....therefore a plain one is necessary. :)

*If all goes well, the four of us will be heading to Vegas over Cam's spring break. We found rooms for $28 a night. I'm SUPER excited for this as there are SOOO many things the kids will love (Bellagio fountains, Mirage volcanoes, talking statues at Caesar's, etc.). Sleeping will be rough as we have never slept in the same room as both kids, but as long as we know going in we won't get much sleep, I think we can handle it.

*In my quest to expand Cam's nut butter consumption I tried Sunflower Seed butter. As long as I mix it with a little peanut butter, he's good. It has more fiber than peanut butter and I actually LOVE it!! I like it much better than almond butter.

No comments: