Thursday, February 9, 2012

hiking buddies

My mom recently bought us a great hiking book since we have really gotten into hiking with the kids. There are several that I have flagged for us to try.

My friend Jessica and I have taken the kids on a couple fun ones in the past week. All four kids really enjoy them and it's fun to have some hiking buddies. I'm not sure either of us would do them by ourselves as they can be a bit isolated, so it's great to have company for the safety aspect too. Amidst a few falls, waiting for the kids to pick up sticks, and taking little water breaks, us moms are able to squeeze in a little conversation in short bursts. :) Next on our trail list is Forest Falls.

Hike #1


Hike #2

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, those are the cutest hiking buddies!!! I just love all the hiking y'all do. Just read something about how IMPORTANT it is to get kids outside and not sitting indoors watching electronics (TV, computer, etc.). Makes a huge difference in kids' lives!

...and you're very wise to not go by youself.
Mom

Jessica said...

We've had so much fun hiking with you guys! It's fun to explore and the kids LOVE it :) I like that we can also get in some conversation! Excited to try Forest Falls :)