Thursday, February 2, 2012

recipe update

Earlier this week I shared a few recipes I wanted to try. I tried two, with good success. :)

The first were the Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cookies. I will say that to call them cookies, I think, is a little misleading. I LOVE desserts and am not very liberal in what I label a dessert (for instance, fruit is NOT and never will be one). So these are more peanut butter patties. They are VERY tasty, seem to pretty addicting, plus healthy which is great. But cookies? Nope. I think they'll be great little additions to Cam's lunch box. Check out how easy they are...

1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup plus 3 tbls. raisins
2 tbls. peanuts (I used sunflower seeds)
1/8 tsp. vanilla

Combine using a food processor and form into patties!



Mini Chicken Pot Pies were last night's dinner. I halved the butter (and upped the chicken stock to make up for it) but they still came out really creamy. They were VERY yummy. However both Chris and I felt like they needed a little more texture/crunch. I think next time I might omit the crust all together and top with a few French's French Fried Onions.

1 comment:

Charlee said...

French fried onions and Panko crumbs make a great flavorful crunch and progresso makes italian seasoned panko which is super yummy! I also use that combo to make crunchy baked chicken!