Wednesday, February 1, 2012

30-day shred...30 days in...


So I posted a while back that exercising was one of my goals for this year. Well I'm done with my initial goal, which was to complete Jillian Michael's 30-day Shred DVD (meaning doing it for 30 days n a row). I'm obviously going to keep it up, but not EVERY single day like I have been doing. :) So far...

What I like:
*$8 for the DVD and $20 total for the weights. Not too bad as opposed to a gym membership.
*I LOVE that I can do it in 25 minutes. Granted it's intense, but I like being done, showered, and dressed all by the time the kids get up each morning.
*I like not having to look presentable since I'm doing it at home. You should see the ratty clothes I work out in! :)
*My mom asked if I feel stronger and my initial response was no. I really can't tell a difference in my daily life. But it is neat to see how far I've come with the DVD, meaning exercises I couldn't do at the beginning which I now have no problem doing.
*I can tell a difference in how my clothes fit.
*The feeling of accomplishment I have after each workout.
*Weight maintenance aside, I feel good knowing I'm doing something that is good for my heart, bones, muscles, etc.

What I don't like:

*Getting up at 5:15 is rough sometimes when I'm all cozy in my bed.
*The feeling of wanting to die during the workout. :)
*I had about 5 pounds to lose from the Christmas eating days and only lost 3. But I imagine I gained muscle instead?? Not sure.
*Sometimes I think I will get tired of working out by myself. There is something more fun/motivating in doing it around other people.

So overall I'm glad I did it and would like to continue maybe 3 days a week as opposed to 7 :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

High five!!!!! Yes, you are doing something good for your heart and bones and muscles and.....
Mom

Jana said...

I am SOOO impressed that you did it everyday for a month!
And you did it so early in the morning! Wow!!!!!!!!
I bought a similar jillian (yes, we're on a first name basis) one at costco and could only commit to 3 times a week and making each 1 week workout last two weeks before moving to the next.