Tuesday, February 14, 2012

*This morning I had heart shaped muffins waiting for the kids when they woke up. I placed them on a piece of paper that I had written a simple message, "Happy Valentines Day! We love you, Kendall/Cameron!" Cameron proceeded to say:

"I'm so impressed of you for writing this. I'm so impressed that I'm going to love you infinity! I'm going to give you an award for this treat."

*Chris has a protein shake 1-2 times a week for breakfast. I have not been able to master a REALLY good one...until this morning. All it took was a 1/2 carton of peach yogurt added to the blender (along with the protein mix, ice/water) to get a, "This is the best smoothie ever!" from him. :)

*Every day when we drive home from dropping Cam off at school, Kendall points to a Bob's Big Boy and asks if we can go. I think she is intrigued by the Big Boy statue out front. Well, tonight she might get her wish granted. Chris and I are toying with the idea of doing "dessert for dinner" in honor of Valentines day. We thought that restaurant might be a winner for Kendall. :)

*I think it's funny when people say, "I hate Valentines Day!! It's so over-commercialized and dumb." My response is, "Isn't EVERY holiday over-commercialized???" :) We by no means go all out for the day, but I do think it's kind of fun, especially when you have kids. Chris and I will probably go out to dinner in a week or two to celebrate. :)

*I'll be honest and say my grocery budget project isn't going that great. I don't think I'm necessarily spending more than I should, but my keeping track stinks. Basically I have not been keeping track. :( I have no good excuse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's impressed so much that he's going to give you an award...I love it!!!
Mom