Thursday, March 29, 2012

my kid-free day

This morning I had a doc's appointment and then headed to Starbucks for a Soy Caramel Macchiato and some reading time. My mom gave me a new book to try and I really like it. The last time I sat at Starbucks and read was last year and I forgot how relaxing it is!!

Afterward I went to Macy's. When I reached the check out counter I was VERY dismayed to find that my gift card I had planned on using had a zero balance. The dismay came from the fact that I had over $100 on it!!!! What???!!! Come to find out someone had fabricated a card and somehow put my number on it. Long story short, the Macy's rep I talked with could tell it was fraud and I will hopefully get a new card with my correct balance in the mail soon. Whew!! I never knew that could happen!!

I got a few chores done this afternoon (not as many as I had hoped for). I was able to get rid of a big bag of stuff at the thrift store which was SUCH a great feeling!!

I also made some cookie balls (or truffles) for Cam's old preschool teacher (whom we are visiting tomorrow) and his speech teachers. I can't believe how much the similar cake balls are at someplace like Starbucks as opposed to how much I made these for. One cake ball at Starbucks is $1.50. I made 57 cookie balls (granted they are a tad smaller) for $7.00!!! I used Strawberry Creme Cookies for the first time and they were quite tasty!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ou, so glad you had a nice day--so did we with two sweet kids! Hmmm, that's interesting about the Macy's card. Explain to me again how that happened when I talk to you next.
Mom