Saturday, March 10, 2012

*We had Cameron's first T-ball game Wednesday night. It was very cold and Kendall was doing such a great job of watching and playing around the bleachers. I decided a fun treat was in order. French fries seemed to be a hit. :)



*Twice a week we drive to the University of Redlands for speech. Basically the grad students in their speech department work with kids for a semester. They are supervised by a professor, who might pop in every now and then to make suggestions. This semester Cameron has another little girl with him, whom he really enjoys. I sit in an adjacent room, listening on headphones and watching through a one-way mirror. Kendall plays at my feet with some toys. It's neat for me to observe him without him knowing. :) Here is my view:



*Thursday we went to Disneyland. Since Cam didn't have school, we were able to go during the day and have more time there. It was perfect weather and no crowds. My parents joined us and we had a great time.



*Chris surprised me by arranging for us to drop the kids off with my parents last night so they could have a slumber party. We went out for our anniversary. We had a giftcard we had been wanting to use to The Cheesecake Factory. I feel like it's been a while since I've had a "10" of a meal. Last night was it. It was The Roasted Pear and Blue Cheese Flatbread with pecans, caramelized onions, and arugula. It was soooo flavorful! And get ready for this. It was only $5.95!!! It was on their "Skinnylicious" menu (though it sure didn't taste "diet"), so the portion was smaller than their normal, hence the price. It was the perfect amount for me and I was so excited. I texted a picture to my friend, Ana, because she had made a similar one once that I had just raved about :)



*Now I need to go pack for our trip to my in-laws, then we'll head over to pick up the kids and be off!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kendall told me about those french fries when she was lying in bed with me Sat. morning. Must've made quite an impression. :)
Mom