Sunday, April 14, 2013

weekend

Chris' family visited this weekend and I decided to try two new recipes.  The first was a Chocolate Angel Cake that my sister had made a long time ago and loved.  I can see why!  I served it Friday night and we all really liked it.  It is rich, yet at the same time not heavy.  It has such unique flavor for a chocolate cake. :)

The second recipe was one I saw on a FoodNetwork show.  These Sassy Tailgate Sandwiches are very easy, can be made the night before, and are VERY yummy.  You can mix and match cheeses and meats and they are just all around a great company dish. :)


Yesterday while half of the family went golfing the other half stayed back and had fun with things like making a couple batches of homemade playdough. :)



Our time culminated with a fun birthday pizza dinner for me. :)



Right now Chris and Noonie (who will be with us until tomorrow) gave me an afternoon off and took the kids out to the desert.  I'm loving my place on the couch that I have not moved from and have no plans to until they get home. :)

p.s. Thanks for asking about Cameron on my last post.  His teacher has a great way of helping him when he is having a hard time, so after drop off, she had him write a letter to me (usually it consists of "Dear mom, I really miss you...") and he was totally fine and happy at pick up. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can vouch for those tailgate sandwiches--deeeelicious!!

So glad you had an afternoon on the couch.

I love Cam's teacher's instant response to him of, "Why don't you write a note to your mom?" Brilliant...and successful.
Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked the cake! It's a favorite over here!

Sister Su