Saturday, May 4, 2013

"donuts"

It's kind of funny (and awesome) how my kids can be tricked when it comes to food. :)  Normally on Saturdays they get to have a donut or bagel for breakfast.  This morning I was going to watch my friend's kids so I didn't have time for a donut run.  I decided it would be more healthy anyway to make my own.

All I did was make biscuit dough, then add some frosting for the "donut" appearance.  Biscuit  (especially the ones I make) and donut dough taste QUITE different, but I guess as long as there is frosting they don't seem to notice. :)



Homemade Donut Holes (makes about 14)

1/2 cup oats (blended till powder)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 tbls. olive oil
1/4 cup pureed sweet potato
1/3 cup milk

Mix together until combined.  Form into donut holes onto greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes or until not doughy in the middle.  Let cool then frost.  I used this recipe for the frosting (but halved it).

No comments: