Monday, May 27, 2013

mt. rubidoux

Yesterday I started feeling a tad sick and  then this morning I woke with no voice.  Luckily that wasn't a predictor of our day because we had a super fun one.  We met some friends at Mt. Rubidoux and hiked to the top.  The kids did awesome and I couldn't believe how much of it they walked as opposed to stroller'd :)  I think it helped to have their friends there.

We then came home for a quick shower and headed to the same friends' home for a BBQ.  The kids played and played and we enjoyed hanging out.  Fun, fun day. :)




On a sidenote, when I stopped by our local fruit stand for some fruit to bring to the BBQ, I scored with a big bag of "near the end of their life" mixed veggies. I was able to salvage most all of them and came out with two huge pans of yummy roasted veggies for $1!!  I also scored the bag of apples you see for $1 (which are waiting to become dried apples). :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, your summit looks so official with the American flag waving proudly behind you. :) So glad you had such a good time.

Wow--just call you pioneer woman with all those food preservation scores!

Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed with your food escapades!

-Sister Su